My Playlist

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

If We Are The Body

                Hello my friends! I realize I haven't posted in a while, but with everything that going on lately its hard to find time to breath let alone blog about it! Today after my quiet time I was listening to Casting Crowns and playing games on facebook (shh its my secret obsession), and the song If We Are The Body came on. As I started listening to the lyrics it really struck a chord that went along with what God showed me during my quiet  time.
                Here lately I've noticed that its very easy to get wrapped up in activites and in my own walk with Christ that I forget what I'm called to do. Yes I'm called to better know Christ in my own life and to follow him as closely as possible, but along with that I'm supposed to reach out and be a light for others around me. I can't even count how many times there's been new people at church or in class that I've noticed needed just someone to talk to, but decided I wasn't that person. I tell myself that that's someone else's job, but the fact is, if everyone thought that then that person would never meet anyone! We'd all be what on Mr./Ms. Someone Else to show up and do it for us.
               In reality, that someone else is you and me. We need to be that light, that friend when they're struggling, the person who goes out of our way to help people not for the recognition, but because WE ARE THE BODY! If we're going to live for Christ it can't be done halfway. Christ says in his eyes it's better to be completly cold or hot than just mediocre. He wants us to be sold out for him, and yes there's great reward for those that are, but what if we did it just because Christ told us to? What if we had nothing to gain, but a friend? Shouldn't that be enough to make us reach out to other people? The sad thing is, for most of us, including myself 95% of the time, it isn't. For some reason in my mind its easier just not to bother with it. I convince myself I'm not the friend they need, that I don't have the answers, or that they have enough friends. Today God showed me today that I was right, but not quite how I thought.
               No, I am not the friend they need, I don't have the answers, and yea maybe they do have enough friends. It doesn't matter thought, what they need is Christ, not me or anything I can say. They just need me to show them Christ, which I can do as long as I'm sold out for him.
                I know that this blog was probably all over the place today, but I hope that at least one of you can get something out of it. I guess it all boils down to what the song says, Jesus paid much to high a price for us to pick and choose who should come, we are the body of Christ. That sums it all up right there. He died for us, the least we can do is tell others about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment